2020 OFFICIAL CONCEPT SCHOOL ART & LANGUAGE FESTIVAL RULES and REGULATIONS
“The Festival is for 5-12 grade students` participation.“
- DATE and VENUE
on SATURDAY, APRIL 18, 2020 @ 12:30 pm – 4:00 pm
9501 Skokie Blvd Skokie, IL 60077
There are 6 categories for participation in the Festival.
- Turkish songs (Turkish teachers in charge)
- Spanish songs (Spanish teachers in charge)
- English songs (Music teachers in charge) limited to 2 songs for each school
- Turkish folk dances (Turkish teachers in charge)
- Hispanic folk dances (Spanish teachers in charge)
- Playing musical instrument (Music teachers in charge) limited to 2 players for each school
- QUALIFICATION for the FESTIVAL : The performers will be qualified to perform at the Festival by their video performances. Teachers are supposed to take the videos of the performers and submit them to the Head of Foreign Language Department by February 28, 2020.
Go to the link below and find your category folder first,
and then click on the category folder to find your school folder, and finally upload the video(s) into your school folder. In each category folder, you will find your school folder separately.
Thus, uploading the video performances means registration for the Event.
However, please remember to label the video(s) with the name of the singer or instrument player and the title of the song sung or music piece played.
For folk dances you can just label the video(s) with the title of the dance and you do not need to write the names of the dancers.
The videos will be watched by the judges and the qualifiers will be announced on March, 13 2020.
- As for the Singing category
Karaokes of the songs qualified to perform at the Festival should be submitted to the Department Head via email by March 20, 2020.
-The singers are expected to sing with the karaoke music, not with the original song music along with the original singer.
– The songs should be sung by a single singer, or a duo or a trio but not by more than three singers.
– Any singer who performed a song at the festivals of previous years is expected to participate with a different song in 2019.
- As for the Folk Dances category
– As the title of this category suggests, the participating dance should be a traditional folk dance, NOT a modern dance.
-The folk dance group should consist of at least 8 dancers, not any fewer than that.
-Individual dances or couple dances or group dances performed by fewer than 8 dancers will not be accepted even if they are traditional dances.
– Any dance group who performed a folk dance at the festivals of previous years is expected to participate with a different folk dance in 2020.
- As for the Playing Musical Instrument category
Only solo instrumentalists accepted (piano playing not included in this category)
Aside from the qualified performers of the categories mentioned above
- 3 Folk dance groups of guest cultures (outside our school network)
- One of the school bands (this year GSA School Band)
- Winner of Spoken Word Contest Free Form Category
- Spanish Poem recitation (one performance – from McKinley School this year)
- Turkish Poem recitation (one performance – from McKinley School this year)
are as well invited to perform at the Festival. (they do not need to submit a video performance for qualification)
The works and projects of Concept Schools Art Department will be exhibited on the Festival day. (Mr. Ali Uslu is in contact with Art teachers and organizes the exhibits on the Festival day)
FESTIVAL DAY and AWARDS
There will be no voting by the judges on the Festival day, which means the performers (individuals or groups) qualified for the Festival are only going to perform and receive their awards.
How much do they get?
Singing Category performers (English, Turkish and Spanish): $100
Playing Musical Instrument Category performers: $100
Spoken Word Free Form Winner performer: $100
Poem Reciters: $100
Folk Dances Category groups: $ 400
Bands and Orchestras: $ 400